Family and baby sessions and children's party photography
Creating captivating images of your little one so brand new is truly special. This all-too-short time is best photographed when Baby is 5-10 days old and at least by 14 days.
The session takes place in the comfort of your own home at a relaxed pace and lasts 3-4 hours to fit in with little one’s feeding and sleeping cycle.
My style of newborn photography is centred around natural, uncontrived poses, and retouching that pays attention to detail, enhancing original beauty with subtle yet skillful ‘tweaks’.
Feel free to contact me to receive a detailed information sheet.
Babies develop at their own sweet pace but as a general guide, the ages and stages below are great times to capture your growing little person in your family home.
• 3 or 4 months old - After the newborn stage, this is the next age at which it is lovely to capture images, when baby acne and colic have hopefully receded and there’s a beaming smile in their place!
• 7 months - When baby is sitting comfortably it is another ideal time for photographs. Be quick with your booking though as soon after this they’ll be crawling off!
• 1st birthday - baby's first party with family and fellow baby friends is a wonderful opportunity to capture the finale of the first year.
• Toddlers - Once they’re on the move it’s best to photograph them when they are confidently toddling and maybe even want to explore the great outdoors for a Family Session.
To build a beautiful photographic story of baby’s first year Contact me to arrange for the full 5 session 'Bump to Birthday' package from £1000.
Family sessions are flexible and tailored to you, usually taking around 4 hours.
Just as every family is unique, so yours deserves a shoot with a style personal to you, led by your own characters.
Through an effective combination of gently directed shots and candid moments, I capture a storyboard portrait of your family that is beautifully uncontrived.
Think of the real-life moments that you will treasure forever - when your child beams that cheeky smile, toddles to you for a cuddle, curiously explores the surrounding world.
It is these priceless moments and insight into a child's personality that I capture for you with warmth, sensitivity and humour.
The sessions are ideal for confident toddlers upwards and/or for a cross-section of ages within the family group. They take place at your home and/or at an outdoor location nearby, where we can all run around, have some fun and possibly get a bit muddy!
And don't worry if there's a complete offspring meltdown on the day, we can re-schedule with no drama and no extra cost. The shoot should be fun for everyone and I want to make sure I photograph you and your tiny charges at your best.
• The session fee, at your home, within or around M25, plus a 2nd outdoor location for Family Shoots.
• 2 hour shoot for Baby Sessions, 3-4 hours for Newborn Sessions and Family Sessions.
• £100 product credit
• Viewing and ordering session at your home at a convenient time to you. We decide on which are the best images, consider all the product options and can discuss any adjustments to the images or address requests you may have. Viewing in this way is also essential in allowing you to see the images in 'real' size projections so you can decide exactly what would look best displayed in your home.
• Personal, private slideshow of the session favourites for you to share on-line as you wish (images for viewing, not downloadable)
I offer a stylish array of carefully sourced premium print and frame products to elegantly display your beautiful new set of photographs for years to come. Sourcing and creating bespoke items to suit your requirements and taste is also something I'm more than happy to do for you.
Single product prices start at £130 and cover an extensive choice of package options up to luxurious, top of the range Queensberry albums in excess of £1000.
I use only high quality photographic papers, archival inks and materials, with the final products hand assembled by skilled framers and book-binders.
Please contact me for a full product list.
After the shoot, I create a carefully selected edit of the best photographs and process them ready for you to view within 2 weeks.
Your photographs will be treated to my meticulous, high-end post-production service with retouching that is not 'over done' or poses that are over contrived.
Reflecting your personalities, character and style through the photo session are my priority. There's no need to go out and buy a whole new wardrobe (unless you want to!) but there are a few pointers that help make a pleasing final picture of you all.
We will discuss the finer details prior to your shoot depending on the people, ages and locations involved.
The main points to consider are avoiding large, bold graphics and text on clothing as this will detract from the important subject (you) and to choose simple, classic styles and colours to help give the photographs a timeless edge. Don't forget, during the shoot we can always add in fun props and accessories or your little one's favoured toy or tutu.
Give your little or not-so-little guests the red carpet treatment with my Party Photo Package. Great for all ages - baby, child, teenager or grandma - and for all family celebrations and events, from the happy chaos of baby's 1st birthday party to glamorous prom, 18th and 21st parties to family reunion events.
If you're looking for maternity portraits, I offer my unique 'Bump and Baby Shower' combination package, photographing you and your beautiful bump before capturing the delights of the baby shower party.
Whatever the occasion, my extensive experience photographing celebrity and private family parties and events combined with my friendly, unobtrusive style of working makes for a fun, photographic experience for your guests and a lovely collection of lasting photographs.
The Party Package £350
- 2 hours of photographic party coverage in or near London up to 11pm
- 80 digital colour photographs (standard retouch)
- Slideshow - online to share with guests and on social network sites
- An easy-to-use online party photograph gallery from which your guests can order prints to be delivered straight to their homes
All my usual print and album products are available but with the additional option of a luxury 20 page coffee table book containing the finest edit of your party photographs
Additional hours of party coverage with extra photographs are charged at
£75/hour up to 11pm
£90/hour after 11pm